Travis Park United Methodist Church
Effective April 21, 2017
Position: WEDDINGS & EVENTS COORDINATOR
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Status: Part-time, $15.00 per hour, 10-11 hours per week
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Weddings and Events Coordinator will provide effective service in promoting the availability of TPUMC for weddings and events, and coordinating such activities as contracted.
Weddings & Events:
- Coordinate weddings and events in accordance with the relevant TPUMC policies including scheduling, reservations, securing contracts, managing building use, timely communication with clients and TPUMC staff, and making arrangements for fee collection.
- Provide on-site support for events as negotiated with clients, and for all weddings in cooperation with TPUMC’s assigned wedding pastor.
- Promote in a cost-effective manner the availability of TPUMC for weddings and events.
- Arrange meetings as needed with clients or potential clients to tour the facility, review policies and needs, complete contracts.
- Work through appropriate channels to arrange logistical support including parking, room arrangements, and the provision of additional staff such as custodians, door personnel and sound engineer.
- Submit to the Finance Committee annually, projections for revenue and expenses related to weddings and events in the coming year.
- Recommend to the relevant TPUMC committees, policy revisions and updates designed to serve our clients more effectively, and/or to insure the cost-effectiveness of weddings and events at TPUMC.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively promoting and coordinating at least one event as a volunteer or professional
- Able to speak to groups and individuals
- Able to move freely around the church campus
- Able to handle written communications
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small details that are required to coordinate weddings and events effectively; follows up to correct omissions or errors; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps in mind the interests and policies of the church and the overall needs of clients while tending to the smallest of details.
- Informing Others: Provides information that the public needs to know about the availability and advantages of TPUMC for weddings and events; provides information to clients, staff and the congregation that will maximize the level of satisfaction experienced with weddings and events held at TPUMC; helps people understand the information provided and its relevance to having a positive experience at TPUMC; is timely and transparent in the sharing of information.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all persons involved in weddings and events at TPUMC; works well with people of different ages and backgrounds; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Time Management: Is able and willing to focus time on tasks that contribute to the accomplishment of essential functions and other responsibilities; uses time effectively and efficiently; values time and respects the time of others; concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities; can appropriately balance priorities.
- Verbal Communication: Is able to deliver a message clearly, articulately and with appropriate emotion in a variety of settings; demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly; employs correct grammar, punctuation and patterns of speech; clearly delivers message in a tone appropriate to the context.
- Helping Orientation: Demonstrates concern for and attends to the needs of clients, staff and other involved in weddings and events; projects a sense of empathy and understanding in interpersonal relationships; is able and willing to supply answers and resources that others find satisfying.
- Negotiation: Skillfully navigates potentially contentious situations with clients, staff and other involved in weddings and events; can settle differences with minimal conflict; can gain compliance or commitment while keeping relationships healthy; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust of others quickly.
- Technical Expertise: Acquires and demonstrates the technical skills, especially in computer use, required to execute proficiently the essential functions of the job; understands which skills are lacking and seeks to develop those skills.